Faster new product introductions
Manufacturer of complex components
- Strong market position and the ambition to grow significantly.
- However, their New Product Development and Introduction (NPI) lead times were way to slow to enable the growth.
Take a leap step in NPI-cycle time reduction.
Lean Six Sigma (the company is highly skilled in this) didn’t enable them to tackle the problem.
- Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain formed an integrated team for the assignment.
- The plan was to visualise the customer journey for a sample request from the customer’s point of view. This was a challenge as the data was scattered across multiple sources. Once the case identifier to track individual cases was identified, the full customer journey could be visualised through process mining.
- The bottlenecks were identified and a new NPI-process was designed and introduced without adversely affecting the on-time production performance of the normal production.
75% reduction in NPI lead time from 51 days to 15 days.
New NPI process designed and introduced.
Great insight into how Process Mining enhances Lean Six Sigma (LSS) to deliver results that are not possible with the “classic” LSS tool set.