High-tech equipment manufacturer
- Production of low-volume highly complex machines consisting of many subassemblies.
- ach machine needs testing prior to acceptance by the client.
- The test process is a complex, knowledge-intense process, and testing takes several weeks at both sites.
As the company operates in a market where time-to-market of system enhancements and new system types is critical, the goal was to significantly reduce the test period.
- Process mining was conducted on a batch of 24 machines.
- As the goal was to shorten the test process, the focus of the analysis was on idle times and rework in the process event log.
- A performance analysis was conducted to find unnecessary idle times:
Based on the logged test sequences, a process model was constructed automatically that showed how the test process had been executed for these 24 machines.
- The resulting visualisation of the rework provided the insights on which the test process was organised differently.