Manufacturer of complex components
- Strong market position and the ambition to grow significantly.
- However, their New Product Development and Introduction (NPI) lead times were way to slow to enable the growth.
Take a leap step in NPI-cycle time reduction.
Lean Six Sigma (the company is highly skilled in this) didn’t enable them to tackle the problem.
- Engineering, Operations and Supply Chain formed an integrated team for the assignment.
- The plan was to visualise the customer journey for a sample request from the customer’s point of view. This was a challenge as the data was scattered across multiple sources. Once the case identifier to track individual cases was identified, the full customer journey could be visualised through process mining.
- The bottlenecks were identified and a new NPI-process was designed and introduced without adversely affecting the on-time production performance of the normal production.